- adminstrators perceived groups to help with accessibility to services
- increased effort on the part of the therapist to conduct groups
- therapists expressed doubts about service quality in groups
- therapists reported benefits of social participation
- in general parents were supportive of group sessions
If you need ideas for group therapy sessions check out 25 Instant Sensory Motor Group Activities and Sensory Motor Group Activities A to Z.
Reference: Chantal Camden, Sylvie Tétreault, Bonnie Swaine. Increasing the Use of Group Interventions in a Pediatric Rehabilitation Program: Perceptions of Administrators, Therapists, and Parents. Physical & Occupational Therapy in Pediatrics May 2012, Vol. 32, No. 2: 120–135.